Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, March 25, 2010

SOFTPENCIL THURSDAY - FLOWERS FOR YOU

It's Thursday and you know what that means?!?  It's another SOFTPENCIL project!!  Make sure you check out SOFTPENCIL BLOG to see all the DT member creations (or visit their individual blogs listed in my sidebar).  Elizabeth has also put up all the new Easter designs, which are SOOO ADORABLE, you will love them!  So make sure you also check out SOFTPENCIL SHOP to see what fun stuff Elizabeth has designed!!

This week we got to play with this adorable bunny in Flowers for You.  He's so cute with his little bouquet of flowers. I made the flower bouquet dimensional by using Flower Soft in Heather mix.  I think this would make a great Easter or Mom's Day card.  Our theme this week is ribbon and bows.  I used ribbons made into flower bows with bling and pearls in the middle.  I think they are so pretty.  They are made by Offray and I found them in the Bridal section of Michaels.  I colored the bunny with copics - E25, E27, E29; RV02 for inside of ears and cheeks.  I then used a bit of colorless blender pen to make white dots on the cheeks.  Grass is G02, G06, G09.  I chose SU close to cocoa CS for my base CS.  White is GP 110.  I embossed SU pink pirouette and a textured raspberry colored CS, that I found as local scrapbook store, using Sizzix EF and then cut with personal trimmer.  Background DP is SEI.  For the edges of image, I used Martha Stewart punch with cuts out every other butterfly and the remainder are cut to stick up but now come all the way out.  I love the effect this creates.  Thanks so much for looking, I had so much fun working on this!!  Let me know what you think:)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Audrey,
Lovely card hun, love that butterfly cut out background. Lovely flowers too.
Hugs
Dawn x

Jacquie said...

Ahh this is so cute, love the flowers.

Cat said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! Just stunning! Love the textures!

marsha said...

How cute!

Hugs,
Marsha

Elizabeth P said...

What a lovely card Audrey!!! I love those beautiful flowers and those butterflies on the edges of the image! you did a great work! :)

Michelle said...

Very cute - love the butterfly border around the bunny!

Anonymous said...

Your card is fantastic!! I love the little cheeks on your bunny!! Blessings and Hugs!

Kerry said...

Beautiful!!! Love all the embossing background and the ribbon flower is totally awesome!

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what a nice card. I love the ribbon flowers!
xxx Anne-Marije

Cindy N. said...

Such a lovely card. Love your embellishments (flowers and punched background).

Marilyn said...

This is so cute!