Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Sunday, April 18, 2010

KABOODLE DOODLES CHALLENGE #29 - EMBOSSING

It's also time for another challenge at KABOODLE DOODLES!  This week's challenge is EMBOSSING.  I chose to use dry embossing using a Quickutz EF on my card.   I used a little different technique though - something I saw from an SCS swap made by SCS Bekah.  Before embossing the background, I stamped a background stamp on the CS and then embossed it.  I think it looks cool:)HERE.  I think it's SUPER SWEET!!  I just returned from Disney World/Epcot a few weeks ago so when I saw these dragons, I immediately thought of "Figment."  If you don't know "Figment," he is part

I got this image from Stamping Dragon Designs - you can find the store
of the Journey to Imagination at Epcot, he's a figment of your imagination, but of course, you can see him and he is purple and orange.  I colored this adorable mom and baby with Copics - basket, pillow, etc. E51, E53, E55, E57, E59. E47, E49; dragons V01, V04, V09.
Image is cut out using nesties and background cut out done using Quickutz.  Ribbon is brown organdy from JoAnn.  Sentiment is computer generated and daubed with SU Basic Brown, which is what I used to stamp background stamp which is an SU stamps.  Base CS is SU close to cocoa, second layer is also SU and layer underneath image and sentiments is Bazzill textured.  Button is Sassafras Lass.  Once again, thanks so much for looking and I can't wait to hear what you think!!
Also, don't forget to visit the KABOODLE DOODLES BLOG to enter your project. Can't wait to see what you create!!

12 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Hi. It is beautiful, and image so cute, nice colouring. Hugs. Nataliya.

Jill said...

Hi Audrey Really love your card and that image is really cute! Err.. how can dragons be cute?? Jill x

racinggrandma61 said...

I LOVE this card. You did a great job.

Faye said...

What a fun card, I love the colours you've used. x

Lilacanglia said...

Gorgeous colours,
Great image,
Hugs
Angie

Vicki said...

Just precious, Audrey! Great colors and such a cute image! Blessings to you!

Unknown said...

soooo cute x I have never been to Disney world but I know about "Figment".......... Yes a its a "Figment" of my imagination that I will ever get to Disney world LOL! love the card x Leigh x

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful card. love the colors.

terrie said...

great looking card...love the purple color

Lynne in NI said...

OMGosh, what a cute pair of dragons! Lovin your purple theme too!
:o)

Pink Diva said...

This is a cute and fun card

sammi said...

Purple is my favorite color!