Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Thursday, April 22, 2010

SOFTPENCIL THURSDAY - GOOD FRIENDS

I am so thankful for my friends each and every day, whether they are here in my home town, people I have known for years who are far or my online friends, I treasure each and everyone of these special friendships.  So, today, for SOFTPENCIL, we got to make a card using the theme of Friendship and the image "good friends."  Make sure you visit the SOFTPENCIL SHOP to see all the AWESOME NEW images Elizabeth has designed - some SUPER CUTE images for Mother's Day!!  Also, check out the SOFTPENCIL BLOG so you can keep up on all the latest happens, including out 1 year anniversary CELEBRATION and BLOG HOP which will be coming in May.  You can also find SOFTPENCIL on PaperCraftPlanet by clicking HERE.  We'd love to have you join us for chats, tutorials and FREEBIES!!

Still feeling like I need to "mix things up" a bit today, so I did an easel card and didn't use Copics too much.  Only used YG11 (snail's head), YR04 (chick's beak) & BG32, BG34 (chick's feathers).  Tried to use other mediums for the rest of the coloring - so I used, 4 different flower-soft greens for the grass, K&Company DP to paper piece the mushroom, added color on the dots with Atyou Spicas.  Shell of snail is smooch and chick is Adirondak pearls and feather is stickles.  CS is SU dusty durango and groovy guava.  Top layer of CS embossed with Sizzix EF.  Flower is Prima, buttons are Fancy Pants designs.  Sentiment cut from white GP 110 with EK Success punch and is computer generated.  All DP is K & Company.  Hope you like it, thanks so much for stopping by!!

14 comments:

Marjolijn said...

Verry cute!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Audrey. this really is so beautiful. Fabulous image, gorgeous papers and the embossing really does stand out and makes the whole creation so brilliant. Well done and happy crafting.
With love, Sandra x

Lisa Atha said...

Audrey,

Way to go getting creative with the coloring mediums, it looks great! I love doing that, expecially with those Smooch pearlescent colors that are out now, I am hopelessly hooked on them. LOL. The whole card and layout is so pretty.

Hugs,

Lisa Atha

Cat said...

Beautiful card! What a gorgeous flower! It's just perfect!

Jessica Fitzgerald (aka MommaJess) said...

Oh I love the use of Flower Soft for the grass. I keep meaning to buy some

Anonymous said...

Great card!! I love the grass and flower!! You are so talented! Blessing and hugs!!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Cute card, I love the texture background you used! :D

Kerry said...

Great card! Love the flowers and the flower soft grass. Very nice!

Jill said...

Really lovely card Audrey. That flower is great. Never used flower soft think I had better get some! Jill x

Anne-Marije said...

ohh what sweet. The embossing is just great!
xxx Anne-Marije

Michelle said...

WOW such an artistic card full of so many different mediums. Your creation is awesome!

Elizabeth P said...

Amazing easel card Audrey! I love how you "colored" the image by using different things! very creative :)

Melissa S said...

I love easel cards!

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

This is stunning! Love the dry embossing! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs, Marit.