Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY CHALLENGE - RECYCLE!

Happy Day everyone!!  My life continues to be a bit more insane than I would like, but I am so thankful to the DTs that I work on because they are keeping me sane!  Our NEW CHALLENGE this week at DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY BLOG is RECYCLE!  Thanks to our DT member Gemma for picking out this GREAT challenge!!  This is something I do all the time, so I really enjoyed making this card.  Make sure you stop by DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY SHOP to see all the newest images and also make sure you pick up Primavera, this month's AMAZING FREEBIE!!

I used DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY "HIPPIE," which is one of my nicknames, so of course, I LOVE her!  I had so much fun coloring the image with my Copics and Atyou Spicas too.  I cut her out with nesties and daubed with SU perfect plum.
I chose the sketch from SWEET SUNDAY SKETCH CHALLENGE and the color combo from SCRAPMASTERS PARADISE - pear pizazz, night of navy and perfect plum.  I also added DP from We R Memory Keepers.  The scallop edge was done with a Quickutz die.  Words are computer generated and cut with nesties, then daubed with pear pizazz and night of navy.  Middle sentiment topped with JudiKins glaze.  Recycled items are the buttons which came as extras with some of my or my children's clothes.  I like to keep all those buttons for crafting purposes - I don't sew LOL.  The twine is from one of the kids school projects about constellations.

This card is also for the challenge at SHABBY TEA ROOM - nature inspired or color green
Hope you like it, let me know what you think:)

11 comments:

Jill said...

I always take buttons off things to use again and twine is always useful isn't it! I take laces from boots and shoes to use as ties to stake trees and shrubs as well! Fun card Audrey! Jill x

Tanya said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the hippie chic!

Rosalee said...

Love the theme of this card and the color combo looks wonderful. TFS
Hugs, Rosalee

Linnie said...

groovy card audrey looove it
linniex

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun and groovy!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun and funky card! Love that image and your coloring job. Matches so perfectly with your theme. Love the scalloped edging and the wrapped twine, too. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

Linda said...

Fun and Funky! I love your card. Thanks for joining us at SPCC.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Oh the good 'ol hippie days! I can remember having a few pairs of those long jeans! Nicely coloured in, and super card, and so glad you are our GDT for this month.

Now I'm hoping for that stunning 'candy' you have up for grabs. My blog is http://deniquecrafts.blogspot.com

PapierGirl said...

What a fun card - love the image...it all ties so nicely together! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Unknown said...

This is very different x cute x Leigh x

Ellis said...

Aha, so it's you who did this card, I like the dancing girl! =)
Hugs, Elenor

http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn